Welcome to the official (ish) blogger for Flash Fiction Month! This website has been created to host any flash fiction that is written during the course of the month, and anyone that has a Google account can sign on and post their work here. This is the first year that we've had a designated blog, so lets make it worthwhile. Good luck, folks!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Road Rage

Road Rage

Driving is a privilege, not a right. I know many people get this confused. It’s easy to see. Any yahoo with who reaches sixteen and pays for the course at Sears can get on the road. They honestly make it to easy. After you’re eighteen you don’t even need to take a god damn class.

BEING ON THE ROAD IS A MATTER OF RESPECT!!!

You wouldn’t stick your head in the mouth of a lion without extending the beast respect would you? Or how about proper training? I would hope not, otherwise you might lose your head. Hell some people deserve to lose their head. Better them than some innocent mother and her children who know proper respect for the road!!

I used to drive a tank you know. I drove one during Bush senior’s war in Iraq. I drove one again when Bush junior went into Afghanistan and once more when he went back into Iraq. If you ask me we should have rolled over that entire country with tanks. But that’s discussing politics and if it’s one thing I hate more than disrespect for the road it’s people who discuss politics. Most people have no fucking idea what they are talking about anyway.

Driving a tank will teach you about respect. It’s a precision machine. You have to be careful or people die. Sixty tons of metal rolling down the street will teach you about respect. It’s not something I recommend for everyone. Most people can’t handle that kind of machine.

My p psy chra tist says I have …. road rage. See that’s the other problem in today’s society. We have a disease for everything. And a fix for it too. Just take these magic pills and it will be all right. My father had the right idea. “Son” he would say “there an`t nothing that a good long drive won’t fix. You feel yourself getting angry, get in dat car and just drive till it passes.” My father was the first to instill respect in the road.

Maybe I would of taken the doc seriously if he knew a thing or two about respecting the road. He once cut me off as he crossed three lanes on a crowded street. Nearly collided with a little old lady. But he won’t be making that mistake again.

But that’s in the past and this is now. See I saw that stunt you pulled on the freeway today. You know pick a lane and stay with it. How hard is that? Honestly HOW …… HARD …… IS ….. THAT?

Oh wait I get it, you wanted to see which lane you needed to be in in stand still traffic. The road doesn’t work that way. The white lines are there for your safety and my safety. And it’s important to honor that safety, because if you don’t wrecks happen. Like the one that was causing the traffic jam in the first place.

I can’t be the only one who see’s this? I guess so. In most cases the cops do nothing. And when they do what happens? Defensive driving? That’s a joke. A 30 minute dvd on road safety? That doesn’t teach respect.

No, no. There’s only one thing that can teach respect. It’s as true here as it was when I was deployed.

BAM

BAM

BAM

No comments:

Post a Comment